Autumn always seems to arrive just in the nick of time in the Valley. Our Summers are long and hot, and by March things are usually getting frantic as we head into vintage. Then suddenly the searing heat gives way and the first of the cool Autumn air arrives. I find this weather so invigorating and by happy coincidence it also happens to be the time of year we celebrate our harvest with the biennial Barossa Vintage Festival. If you have a chance to visit the Valley across this time, you must take it, there is every reason to feel like a local for a week and immerse yourself in so many wonderful events including Yalumba’s Festival Garden, The Feast at Whistler Wines and the Full Moon Farm Gate at Langmeil Wines, just to name a few. Be sure to check out the Vintage Festival website for details of bookings etc and get yourself to the Barossa one way or another!
To hear all of Maggie's latest foodie stories and news, please sign up to the Food Club.
- Spend up to $50 and receive $5.00 off shipping
- Spend $50 or more and receive free shipping
- A monthly newsletter via email with recipes and products chosen especially for you by Maggie
- Exclusive food club member offers
- And as a further gift, membership is free!