Christmas was the same flurry as ever; full of the joy of family, beautiful food and the delight of friends. We’ve had such early heat that the apricots ripened at least 10 days earlier than normal, which always makes it hard to organise pickers over the festive season, however the birds were in such numbers, just as the year before last, that it was a race to get any fruit off the tree. This beautiful photograph of the apricots drying is probably one fifth of the normal crop of our dried apricots but happily we did pick enough for our apricot jam; the one jam that ‘sings’ of our sunshine, it's such a South Australian signature that I think I should find entrée into the South Aussie expats all over the world.
To hear all of Maggie's latest foodie stories and news, please sign up to the Food Club.
- Spend $50 or more and receive free shipping
- Spend up to $50 and receive $5.00 off shipping
- A monthly newsletter via email with recipes and products chosen especially for you by Maggie
- Exclusive food club member offers
- And as a further gift, membership is free!